New! Residential ServLine® Program
We are always striving to provide our customers with the most effective services possible. We recognize many of you have struggled with the high cost of water leaks and water line repairs. Many homeowners were surprised to find out they are responsible for both the extra water charges from water leaks and repair of the water line from the meter to the home. These homeowners were shocked to discover that their homeowners insurance does not cover any of the repair costs (which can exceed $2,000) or the extra water bill from the leak that can add hundreds of dollars more.
As a result, North West Utility District is excited to provide a new program that protects our residential customers, as long as they have their own water meter, from these very high and unexpected repair and water leak costs. The program we have developed is called ServLine®. Our ServLine® Program provides broad coverage with no deductible and is insured by an “A” rated insurance company.
Water Loss Protection: Automatically Enrolled $1.80/Month
Water Line Protection: Sign-up by calling $4.00/month
As your service provider for water service we are dedicated to providing you with reliable service and a safe water supply. Over the years we have made many improvements to our system and will continue to upgrade and maintain our equipment in order to provide you this service.
One service we presently provide is for leak adjustments. After reviewing our present leak adjustment policy and the hardship it causes for a family we looked at alternatives that would help eliminate this unforeseen hardship. Therefore, we have developed a new and broader program called the NWUD ServLine® Program®. The new the NWUD ServLine® Program® program will enhance our old leak adjustment policy, plus we have added protection for repair of your water line when it breaks. So it is important that you are enrolled in both programs for your protection.
Our enhanced NWUD ServLine® Program provides homeowners with a service for leak adjustments (business and large meter customers are not included at this time). NWUD ServLine® also offers water line repair / replacement services that you may wish to consider as well. The basic service we are excited about at this time is the “leak” protection program. This service enhances our present policy. This Program also provides a once per 12 months leak protection up to $1,000.00, with no deductible. So, if you have a leak costing $1,000 or less you would pay nothing. Your entire leak cost would be paid in full.
The cost for this service is only $1.80 per month, for up to $1,000 in protection. So, if you had a $1,000 leak and used our present policy you would pay $500. Under this service you would pay nothing. Your savings would be $477.80. It would take 22 ½ years at $ 1.85 per month to pay the $500.
In order for us to implement this enhanced service we changed the way we make adjustments on June 1, 2015 and began billing $1.80 per month for the new ServLine® “leak” service. In order for us to insure you are protected YOU WERE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED IN THIS SERVICE if you were a residential customer. Your protection began on June 1, 2015. If you do not want to participate in this service you must call our ServLine® customer service number and they will document your cancellation and we will remove the charge from your bill. Remember, if you choose not to participate you will be responsible for the entire cost of a leak as North West Utility District will only adjust bills for homeowner’s leaks through our ServLine Program effective June 1, 2015. If you decide to cancel and want back in the program you may sign you back up at any time but there will be a 30 day wait period for your service to become effective, and if you have had a leak you will be responsible for the entire bill.
North West Utility District is excited about this new service as it protects you as a homeowner from unforeseen cost, especially since there is no deductible. You get a $1,000 leak policy that will pay for 1 leak per year for only $1.80 per month. We are also excited about expanding our service to provide optional coverage for repair / replacement for fixing broken water lines. So we encourage you to consider adding the additional coverage for repairs. If you would like to discuss any program further please contact NWUD ServLine® Program® customer service at (423) 401-1140.
Finally, we wish to express to our homeowners that while this service is not mandatory, they are services we feel may prevent undue financial hardships should you have a leak or broken pipe. Again, we are dedicated to providing reliable service and a safe water supply for you and your family. These new services are just another way we feel improves our dedication to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes. You do not have to take advantage of this program and can decline with just a quick phone call.
- If you decline participation you will now be responsible for all excess water charges from a line leak. ServLine® is the new way we adjust water bills for qualifying leaks that result in excess water charges.
- However, it would take over 40 years of monthly charges for Leak Protection to pay for only one excess water bill of $1,000.
- Leak Protection follows the same guidelines of the leak adjustment policy it enhances.
- Leak Protection does pay up to $1,000 for excess water bills resulting from leaks that occur in interior plumbing provided those leaks are quickly repaired. Leak Protection can also pay when there are leaks from the main water supply line from the meter to the foundation of your home.
- Excess water charges from leaks on sprinkler water lines, irrigations system water lines, water lines to swimming pools, water lines to other structures, or similar water line connections to the main water line from the meter to the house are not covered in the Leak Protection.
No. Our program is unique and is not like any program you may have seen before. We have never endorsed or offered a service line program until now.
- This is not a warranty product or backed by a warranty company.
- Warranty companies are not regulated in many States, including Tennessee. As a result, they are not held to the same standards as insurance companies.
- Our Service Line Program is insured. Our insurance provider is regulated by the State Department of Insurance, unlike a warranty which is not regulated by the State of Tennessee.
- Our Service Line Program offers more coverage than any program we have reviewed.
ServLine® Customer Service: (423) 401-1140
ServLine® Claims: (800) 366-1662
Customer Service can enroll residential utility customers in water line protection, de-enroll from Basic Protection, and answer all questions regarding the ServLine® Program.